Broccoli microgreens are a popular choice among health enthusiasts due to their high nutritional content and delicious taste. These tiny plants are packed with vitamins and minerals, making them a nutritious addition to any diet.
- One cup (about 25 grams) of broccoli microgreens contains just 10 calories.
- Broccoli microgreens are an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, with one cup providing over 100% of the daily recommended value for each of these vitamins.
- They are also a good source of folate, which is important for DNA synthesis and cell growth.
- Broccoli microgreens contain minerals such as calcium, iron, and potassium.
- They are rich in antioxidants, including sulforaphane, which has been shown to have anti-cancer properties and may also help to reduce inflammation in the body.
- Broccoli microgreens are also high in fiber, which can help to support digestive health and promote feelings of fullness.
Broccoli microgreens are small, tender, and flavorful greens that are harvested from sprouted broccoli seeds. They are usually harvested when the first true leaves of the plant start to emerge, which is usually around 7-14 days after planting.
These tiny greens are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways in the kitchen. They are great for adding a burst of nutrition and flavour to salads, sandwiches, wraps, and smoothies. They can also be used as a garnish or added to stir-fries and soups.
|Nutrient||Amount per 75g||% Daily Value|